“Accessible Design” is my way of finding practical furniture, lighting, and a variety of other housewares that are inspired by some of the awesome spaces that I shoot. Today, we’re going to take some inspiration from BlackJack (refer back to that post for a quick refresh) and apply it to some pieces for a killer dining/bar space.
1. Red Light Pendant …One of the main things that I dug about BlackJack were the intimate and interesting lighting choices. This pendant is an inexpensive nod to that vibe.
2. Neon O Print …That neon GOLF sign is killer, and this can provide a similar aesthetic without breaking the bank.
3. Hudson Pub Table
4. Tufted Bar Stool
5. Copper Tumblers …I’m not a big liquor drinker, BUT these tumblers from TRNK are trying hard to convince me to to pour some whiskey and put on a vinyl Rat Pack album.
6. Wood Bark Coasters
“Accessible Design” is my way of finding practical furniture, lighting, and a variety of other housewares that are inspired by some of the awesome spaces that I shoot. Today, we’re going to take some inspiration from the whimsical yet uniquely modern stylings of Farmers Fishers Bakers (refer back to that post for a quick refresh) and apply it to some pieces for an entryway. The design of this restaurant has been on my mind since they were kind enough to let me mosey about the space with my camera, so it’s about time that I find some functional pieces that are similar in aesthetic.
1. Threshold Round Captain’s Mirror
2. Blue Dot Splash Coat Rack …This is crazy expensive, but I thought that I’d include it since it appears to be an exact match to the coat rack in the restaurant.
3. Stick Coat Rack in Black …A great, inexpensive alternative. Quite different in style than the Blut Dot version, but a functional and modern piece nonetheless.
4. “Saw” Print
5. “Axe” Two-Color Print
6. Safavieh Cindy Console Table in Teal
7. Bank in the Form of a Pig in White …A fun and interesting way to stash loose change as you walk through the front door.
Sooo, seeking out awesome spaces to shoot has led me to find out how accessible it could be to incorporate certain design elements into my own spaces. I figured that it would be a cool idea to try and find similarly designed lighting, furniture, and other various housewares (ideally items on the inexpensive side since I tend to ball on a budget) that are easily available for anyone who vibes with some of my Inspired posts as of late. We’ll start out with this inspiring Spanish/modern space from Fuego!
1. Schoolhouse Electric Apartment Pendant
2. Target Threshold Starburst Mirror
3. Ikea Stockholm Sofa
4. Society 6 “Bike and Lines” Framed Art Print
5. Society 6 “Love Pattern” Framed Art Print
Ok, so some of these items really aren’t all that inexpensive, but I think a willingness to invest in quality pieces that’ll stick around for a while (both structurally and stylistically) is worth the price tag sometimes.